You guessed it....

 Its 3:45 on Tuesday and we have received an inch of rain. We are closed and will be closed tomorrow as well. Rain is expected tomorrow and the river is rising fast so I expect we will flood.

I wish I had something better to blog about but I really don't.  The staff and I have lost the entire month to accomplish our fall agronomic goals.   I hope to find time to finish aerating tees in the coming weeks.   Fairway aeration is in doubt due to time and also because the fairway aerator needs to be fixed.  It will be very unfortunate if we do not aerate fairways because they were not done last year.

Greens aeration is still an option for mid to late October but will most likely be a solid tine operation instead of a coring one.  Not a great agronomic alternative but better than not doing anything.  The good news is that they wont be as bumpy.

At the end of this season I will discuss and evaluate our agronomic plan with the Scott and see if we can come up with a better solution.

Please call or check Scott's blog about the course.  I have a feeling we be closed for a few days.

I hope to see you on the fairways soon. 

Comments

Popular Posts