Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program

Litchfield Country Club is currently enrolled in the Audubon Cooperative Sanctuary Program for golf courses.  Our goal is to protect and enhance the environmental quality of our golf course.

This program addresses five key environmental elements: Wildlife and Habitat Management, Chemical Use Safety and Reduction, Water Conservation, Water Quality Management, and Outreach and Education.

I have completed the Site Assessment and Environmental Plan for the golf course.  The environmental plan has been approved by Audubon.  This season we have started to implement some of these environmental projects and I hope to reach our goals by next year.  Once we have reached these goals we can apply to be a certified Audubon Sanctuary and be nationally recognized for our efforts in environmental stewardship.

I welcome your input and I urge you to contact me if you would like to be involved in this process.  I hope you will support this effort every step of the way.


Comments

Popular Posts